Friday, April 2, 2010

Thu 2-Apr-10 AM

Not a whole lot to report since yesterday . . . it is 72 hours since the accident now, and I guess I was hoping things would start to improve by now, but then I am impatient!!  I was told from the beginning that the worst swelling / inflammation would occur at 48 to 72 hours, so hopefully we are about to get past that time and then see something change.  At least things are NOT deteriorating!

Simon is still heavily sedated and on a ventilator.  He responds to some commands, but the doctors want him to rest for at least another day before trying to wake him up.  Yesterday he had an MRI which did not show any damage to the nerves of his left arm, or to the ligaments of his neck.  So the cervical collar was removed, which is more comfortable for him.  His face looks amazingly good! - only a slight black eye, very little other bruising - considering the broken bones of the left cheek and orbit.

To date, we have received messages from over 140 individuals, all over the US, Canada, Switzerland, and Australia.  These are much appreciated.  Please do not send flowers at this time.  I know you all would like to help us in any way you can, but at present, there is nothing we need.  Please keep those good intentions for later, as there will be a long road ahead, and it is likely that we will need your help at some point in the future, once Simon is out of the hospital and rehabilitating.  Thanks for your kind thoughts and good wishes!!

You are welcome (in fact, encouraged!) to forward this to anyone who might want to check on Simon, as I can't keep up with all the inquiries myself.  If anyone sends an email to my address, they should get an automatic response, which I will try to update every morning.


Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment