Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sun 25-Apr

I was at Craig Hospital with Simon on Saturday and Sunday.  He is continuing to improve.  He's able to stay awake for much of the day, with only short naps occasionally.  He had several sets of visitors, and seemed quite engaged in conversations, etc.; however, a little while later, he did not remember who had visited him!  


We've been going over the current date, the date of his bike accident, and where he's been since then.  He is starting to understand what has happened, but it's still hard for him to remember anything new for more than a  few minutes.

I'll have a busy week this coming week, trying to help out in anesthesia at the vet hospital but also planning to go to Craig a couple of the days.  So I probably won't take time to write another update until next week.  Hopefully we'll have more good progress to report by then!

Thanks for all the emails, cards, and visits!!


Ann

3 comments:

  1. Anne,

    I've mentioned on this blog twice, my own similar situation. I completley relate to everything say Simon is going through. From my own personal experience I can tell you that Simon is progressing as a champion does. I know exactly what he's going through and based on what you say, he is showing his true spirit. It just takes time.

    Thanks for sharing.

    -Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Ann. Make sure to take care of yourself too!!!.

    Barb Hitchens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ann:

    Laura and I are happy to hear about Simon's progress. Certainly it will be a long journey to full cerebral recovery but from my own head trauma a few years back and experiences with a relative who had suffered a much more severe head trauma during a skiing accident I know memory function can and will return, thus we are hopeful the same will hold true for Simon. The only thing I never remembered was what caused my head injury and the immediate hours following the injury. This moment has been completely wiped out from my memory and never came back.

    There are too many thumbs up for Simon's recovery - we trust he will recover this function as well!!!

    Our best wishes to both of you!!

    Bernd & Laura

    ReplyDelete