Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sat 10-Apr-10

Great news to report . . . just now, Simon spontaneously opened his right eye, started looking all around, as though he's really noticing his surroundings for the first time.  He seemed to be checking out his legs and other appendages - I kept reassuring him that everything is still intact and will be okay.  He nodded or shook his head in response to a bunch of questions, and tried to mouth some words, which unfortunately I could not decipher.  When I told him I loved him, he made a funny face like he always does when I say that!!!

I think he's on his way back - not that he won't have problems and obstacles - but this was the first time I think he really recognized me, and  his surroundings.

This was too good to save until tomorrow!

Ann

11 comments:

  1. God bless you guys...come on Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears of joy for you!!! Thanks for the wonderful update!!

    kpc

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOT! WOOT! So glad to read such happy progress today. I'm glad you didn't wait until tomorrow to share this, too! You're both in my thoughts.

    Much love,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, our love and thoughts are with you both. Welcome back Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there, Ann and Simon. It will be tough, but you guys are tough, and it will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love ewe!!!!!!!!!! Go team Turner

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES!!! Great to hear :-) We've been in Steamboat for the weekend and didn't have e-mail access until Dave's blackberry got into cell range this am....so your message was a wonderful beginning to our crazy closing day on the mountain. Pedro and Katherine, Howie III and IV and Bronwen were with us and we were all thinking about you both and feeling jazzed for Simon as we rode on the Gondola. We'll look forward to more positive updates once you settle in at Craig. From what I've heard, the family support and training there is outstanding. Save journey to Denver tomorrow. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ann
    That is great news! I hope that your move to Denver goes well, and that things continue to progress.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful news. Small steps lead to big steps. Our thoughts are with you both.
    Love to you both,
    Bob and Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dr Wagner--

    Thanks for keeping us all informed. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers! So happy to hear Dr T is moving in the right direction!!

    Take care--

    Jen Hen :)

    ReplyDelete