Friday, April 2, 2010

Fri 2-Apr-10

Yesterday was kind of scary (for me) because Simon was so gorked with various sedatives that he was basically unresponsive.  The doctors told me that it was just too much sedation, but it still worried me that he looked like going backwards.  Fortunately, this morning his nurse told me that he has been very responsive all night (one of the sedatives is wearing off, and they just discontinued another one, but started him on propofol along with the fentanyl).  Her words were:  "I KNOW he's all there!!!"  Hopefully her 30+ years of experience count for something!!

Once again he gets very hypertensive and agitated when stimulated; this morning he looked like he was trying to get out of bed!  And I thought his right eye was focusing on me, much more, this morning.  They are going to get an internal medicine consult about what to do about his blood pressure.  I think if they can solve that, he will be close to getting off the ventilator.

How many hospital patients receive get-well wishes and cards from RESTAURANTS??  So far, Simon has received 3 such cards – from Jay’s Bistro, Young’s Café, and Fish!!  (all of which will be familiar to Fort Collins residents)  He eats at all of them so often that they are probably already noticing a drop in business!  The total count of well-wishers is at 228 as of this morning.

Thanks again for all the words of support.  I find I'm becoming obsessed with checking email, as new messages pop up so often, but it is a nice way to find out we're NOT alone.


Ann

3 comments:

  1. Simon and Ann,

    Good news in todays blog. Keep it up pal!

    John F

    CEO Sth

    ASSandR

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to have these updates Dr. Wagner. Thanks so much for letting us all know information as you get it. I'm keeping Dr.T in my thoughts throughout the day, and find his funny little sayings slipping into my head more often.
    -Katie P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want you to know Ann I'm thinking good thoughts for you and Simon and just know that the strength of both your spirits will pull you through this. You are definitely NOT alone!
    Suzanne Hetts

    ReplyDelete