Wednesday, June 30, 2010

1-Jul-10

Fantastic news - a post from the man himself !!
------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Greetings, this is ME actually composing this letter. I am now out of hospital and I am back home in Fort Collins and it’s great to be home. I still have a fair bit of rehab but that seems to be coming along. My left eye is improving and I am getting the strength back in my arms. I am still wearing a back brace but that may be done in one week.
While in Craig hospital I was suffering from three miserable things: 1) Loneliness, 2) Boredom and, 3) Homesickness, and now these have disappeared. It’s great to be back home because I missed the garden and of course my cat Sootie.  I missed the bulb flowers this year but when I got here the roses were spectacular (see Picture). Now I am “dead-heading” the roses to encourage another wave of flowers.
I just wanted to thank everyone for their kindness and support while I was in hospital, especially those who visited me in hospital. It definitely made the days more interesting and made my time there go faster. Thanks also to those who sent me a card or some sort of correspondence. It all helped raise my spirits.
Cheers,
Simon

6 comments:

  1. Simon, It is so good seeing the picture of you in your garden. Also to get an update from the man himself!!! Keep making progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to see that smiling face

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simon,
    Great to hear directly from you...
    The roses look great and you look damn good yourself..
    Keep up the rehab, I know it isn't always fun but you need to do it... Come on, I expect to hear you say "Budsberg how the hell are you and you look as ugly as ever!" the next time I see you...
    God's Speed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simon, great to see you back home and doing well. A word of advice - stick to sculling! The dinner reservation awaits.
    Vic Speirs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good, ST! Nice to see the update from you. Glad to hear that you are enjoying home comforts again and that you are once more able to wield the secateurs. Keep at you rehab and hope to talk to you soon. All best wishes, Matthew

    ReplyDelete